Most people are nowadays aware that our lifestyle is responsible for some quite common diseases like obesity, diabetes (type 2), and cancer.
Unfortunately, what is not yet widely known is that our lifestyle can be a significant factor for many more common health issues, for which we have just recently started to discover the connection with the way we live.
Thus, it is quite possible that when a person visits a health professional regarding those health issues, she/he will not be informed on how their lifestyle affects the prevention, the regression, and the reverse of those diseases.
Below you can find a list of few of the most common health issues that Lifestyle Medicine can help you with:
- Lung diseases like asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Skin diseases like psoriasis, acne, and eczema
- (Auto)immune diseases like Hashimoto’s, allergies, rheumatoid arthritis
- Chronic liver disease & Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD)
- Gall bladder stones
- Kidney stones
- Gastrointestinal disorders like constipation, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), hemorrhoids, colitis, and colon polyps
- Thyroid diseases like hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism (along with Hashimoto’s that was mentioned above)
- Heart and blood vessel diseases like arrhythmia, coronary artery disease, cardiomyopathy, and heart valve disease
- Metabolic syndrome (meaning the condition when a person has high triglyceride levels, high blood sugar levels, high blood pressure, high “bad” cholesterol levels, LDL)
- Reproductive system problems like unexplained infertility, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), low sperm quality
- Musculoskeletal disorders like osteoporosis, arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, tendinitis, and back pain
- Diseases of the brain like stroke, Alzheimer’s, depression, chronic fatigue syndrome, vascular dementia, and burnout
So, if you have any of these conditions, medication is not your only choice. A lifestyle medicine approach may help you treat or/and reverse those conditions by adopting a healthier lifestyle. This way, you can not only deal with those health issues today but also prevent other lifestyle related diseases that could possibly appear in your future.
Let me show you how to take your health into your hands.